Second Hacktoberfest PR - Making Some Improvements

My Issue/Addition

      As I was searching for a new project/repo to contribute too, I just couldnt get over the feeling that my last PR was not complete to my satisfaction and I needed to make some changes to it before I could feel like I was done with it. I decided to create another issue on the repo to address these improvements


Creating the Script/Making a Pull Request

    I started out by researching the most popular online pc games and finding the servers that are used for most major regions. In my initial script, I was thinking on a more personal level and included only games that I play and that would really limit the usefulness of the script. Once I found as many games as I could, I added their information to the json file I had created to hold the game server information. I then had to modify the script code to accommodate these new games. Afterwards I updated the readme documentation to include the new functionality and made my pull request

Review Process

    The review process this time was more streamlined as I was already familiar with linting and flake8 and how this repo went about approving pull requests. 

Final Thoughts

This experience definitely taught me that you are never really done with a project and you can always continue to improve it. I will continue to keep this script in the back of my mind but now I am ready to move onto to something new and continue to gain more experience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for Release 0.4

Adding Features and Pull Request

Release 0.4 Progress - Organizing the code