Git Remotes and Git Merge - Lab 4

 Introduction

This lab revolved around adding an -ignore feature to another repos link checker CLI. This would allow another file to be used as an argument and that file would contain links that would be ignored during the check. I decided that I would try to work on a project that was made in python as that was the language my CLI was coded in making it easier for me to understand the code needed to create the feature 


Ignore Feature for my CLI

I was fortunate to have Matt Ross work on an ignore feature for my CLI. He created an issue on my repo and I assigned the issue to him and he began to work on it. He ended up matching my coding style well and created a class that would process and parse the ignore file similar to the class I created to process the url files. This would pass the links to ignore to the link checker and ignore urls that were contained in the ignore file. He added a argparse option that would handle this feature. I used git remote to get the code from his branch in his forked repo to do some testing and review. Once we were finished looking over the code, I used git merge to push these changes to my master branch on my repo. 

Ignore Feature for Matt's CLI

I decided to work on Matt's CLI for this lab since he was also working in python and I had already worked with him on my CLI recently. To match his coding style I created a function that would handle the parsing of the ignore file then I passed that to the function Matt had created that would handle the link checking. I let Matt know when I was finished with my solution and we reviewed and tested the code. I had some redundancies that needed to be fixed and once we were both satisfied he pushed it to his repo. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding Features and Pull Request

Planning for Release 0.4

Release 0.4 Progress - Organizing the code