Planning for Release 0.4

 For this final release I was able to find a project that has created a reddit bot that scans titles in reddit subreddits and if it matches the criteria laid out in the code it offers the poster some useful resources and/or some great projects to begin practicing coding. I thought this was a worthwhile project as this is something that would definitely be helpful to me and it seems like a great addition to the programming  community. 

The specific issue that I wanted to work on was one were the creator of the bot had all the code for the bot basically in one python file and the file was growing to over 500 lines and he wanted to move to a more modular approach that would include separating out the logic into different files. I thought this would be a good issue to tackle because it would require me to get a full understanding of the code as well as add optimizations throughout while a separated out the code. 

The approach I plan to take is first to review the code so I can get a more complete understanding. From there I plan to start grouping the code in logical groupings and move them to their own files. Along the way I would like to add optimaztion were I can as well make sure the code is flowing through the files correctly and the imports are correct. Finally I would do some final testing to make sure that the way I split the code didnt break the code. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding Features and Pull Request

Release 0.4 Progress - Organizing the code